Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 17, 2013
Warhawk Baseball - By the innings
Looking for their best start since the 2008 season, the Warhawks took to the
friendly confines of Warhawk Field for the first of two Sunday afternoon games.
First up was a rematch from Friday night as ULM squared off against Wake Forest.
ULM jumped out to an early 2-0 lead, but saw that lead slip away as the home
standing Warhawks fell for the first time in 2013, 11-4.
- Freshman shortstop Kodie Tidwell - Batted 2-4 at the plate and drove in
a pair of runs. Additionally, Tidwell was a part of the Warhawk's lone
double play and made several key defensive plays to help out the ULM pitching.
- Trey Setzer stops the Demon Deacons cold in their tracks with a three up
and three down half inning. Wake Forest starter Matt Pirro matched the
performance with a similar outing.
- Setzer collected his first strikeout in the top of the second, again
sitting down the visitors in order. ULM would put up the game's first runs
of the inning on a trio of hits from Justin Stawychny, and Chris Dudley, and
Kodie Tidwell who each doubled. The Warhawks had the bases loaded, but
poor base running ended the offensive threat.
Wake Forest bats came alive in the inning, as they pounded out three hits, and
took a 3-2 lead. ULM would once again load the bases, but come away with
nothing. Judd Edwards connected on a double, as did Corbin Green.
- The Demon Deacons chased Setzer after he surrendered a double and a
walk. Andrew Richardson entered, shutting down the Wake Forest threat.
ULM had Jeff Fuller on second base after reaching on an error, but was unable to
get him beyond third.
- Wake Forest put up a five spot in a half inning that included hits for a
double and triple off Richardson. The Warhawks were held in check, despite
having a runner on first, Dudley was called out for batter's interference.
- A Demon Deacon hit by pitch was negated by Jeff Fuller starting a
4-6-3 double play. Tidwell and Fuller combine for a pair of ULM runs to
close the gap to 7-4. Also helping plate the runs was an error by Conor
- Tyler Bray entered into the game for the Warhawks, his first inning of work
was short work despite surrendering the ninth hit to the Demon Deacons.
ULM was held in check with a three up and three down half-inning.
- Wake Forest capitalizes on a walk by Alex Dumaine to plate another
run. Carey Taylor enters as the Warhawks' fourth pitcher of the game,
ending the Demon Deacons' half inning with his first career strikeout. ULM
is sat down in order.
- Chad Miller enters to close out the game for the Warhawks. After
picking up a pair of outs, Miller surrendered a two out, two run home run to
left field to Mark Rhine. The home run was the first for the Demon Deacons
on the season. ULM is sat down in order, going three up and three down.
EXTRA INNINGS -- Game time was 2:55
- ULM failed to hit a home run for the first time this season
- Warhawks stranded 10 base runners
ON DECK -- A quick turn around for the Warhawks as they will clean-up the field and prepare for the second game of the day, taking on Alcorn State to close out the ULM Baseball Tournament. First pitch is set for 3pm.